Our B5 UltraClean Fuel Is Better in Every Way
October 28, 2016
Superior fuel quality is helping all our customers save money, protect their equipment and reduce harmful emissions this winter.
Fsi Oil and Propane recently replaced traditional heating oil with our exclusive B5 UltraClean, which is better for your budget, better for your heating system and better for the environment.
It uses the same equipment you have now, and it costs no more than traditional heating oil.
Here is how all Fsi Oil and Propane customers are benefitting from B5 UltraClean.
- You use less oil. B5 UltraClean is so clean that it leaves virtually no residue on the heat exchanger inside your heating system. This is a money-saving improvement compared to regular heating oil, because a boiler or furnace loses efficiency as residue builds up. With an efficiency gain of just 5 percent, a typical home can reduce heating costs by $55 or more this winter alone.
- You extend equipment life. When your equipment stays cleaner, its lifespan is extended.
- You improve reliability. When your equipment stays cleaner, it is less likely to break down.
- You reduce greenhouse gas emissions. B5 UltraClean uses biodiesel, which is an essential tool in the fight against climate change. Biodiesel reduces greenhouse gas emissions by 80 percent when it displaces petroleum, according to a recent study by Purdue University.
- You reduce air pollution. When heating with B5 UltraClean, your home emits fewer harmful pollutants such as sulfur dioxide.
B5 UltraClean is the best alternative to traditional heating oil because it combines three high-quality components:
- Ultra low sulfur heating oil, which contains only 15 parts per million of sulfur. The state recently required heating oil dealers to reduce the harmful sulfur in heating oil by 83 percent. Fsi Oil and Propane went farther and switched to ultra low sulfur heating oil, which reduces sulfur by 99.5 percent.
- Biodiesel. The U.S. Department of Energy and the California Air Resources Board have embraced biodiesel as the fuel of choice for displacing petroleum. New York City also uses biodiesel as it races to reduce greenhouse gas emissions by 80 percent by 2050. The City Council there recently passed a law that will make all heating oil 5 percent biodiesel by October 2017.
- UltraGuard™ Heating Oil Treatment. Ultra Guard stabilizes your fuel to raise the energy efficiency, improve reliability and extend the life of your heating system and oil tank.