Top Benefits of Using Renewable Diesel for Your Fleet
At FSi Oil & Propane, we care deeply for the environment, and we’re always looking for new ways to help shrink our carbon footprint. We also know that many of our Western Massachusetts and Northern Connecticut customers are eco-conscious, and that whether a company shares those values is a big factor in where those customers do business. That’s one of the reasons why FSi Oil & Propane is proud to share that we’re now using renewable diesel in our fleet of vehicles! Keep reading to learn more about this innovative fuel and how it’s helping the environment!
What Is Renewable Diesel Fuel?
Renewable diesel fuel—also known as hydrotreated vegetable oil (HVO), advanced biofuels, or renewable hydrocarbon biofuels—was created in response to a demand for cleaner-burning diesel fuel, which is used to power fleet vehicles, trains, boats, barges, and more. It’s not made from fossil fuels and is produced in a similar manner to the biodiesel used in Bioheat® fuel, but with a different process that modifies the properties of the final renewable diesel fuel product. It’s made from feedstocks, cooking oils, waste animal fats, and even microalgae! FSi has been delivering cleaner, greener Bioheat® fuel to our customers in MA & CT for years now, and we’re proud to say that our deliveries will be more efficient and better for the planet now that we’re using renewable diesel to power our fleet.
What Are the Benefits of Renewable Diesel?
There are many benefits that come with choosing renewable diesel to power our fleet vehicles. They include:
- Superior fuel efficiency: Renewable diesel combusts more completely, resulting in better engine performance, fuel efficiency, and cost savings. We are always happy to pass along any savings to you, our customers.
- Lower carbon emissions: Renewable diesel is considered a cleaner-burning fuel, and produces smaller particulate, carbon dioxide, hydrocarbons, and nitrogen oxide emissions than its counterparts. This means it’s better for the environment in the long term, helping to keep the air we breathe a little cleaner.
- Sustainable production: Renewable diesel is made from waste products and residues, meaning that it is a substantiable energy source that helps reduce reliance on alternatives that are more harmful to the planet. We know that renewable diesel will be around for the long haul, and we couldn’t be happier.
- Engine compatibility: When we chose renewable diesel to power our fleet, we didn’t have to alter our engine design or modify fuel injectors since renewable diesel has properties similar to traditional diesel. Our fleet vehicles are still the same friendly blue and green that you’re used to seeing.
- Cold weather performance: This type of fuel was designed to perform well in the cold weather conditions we experience here in MA & CT. We know we can depend on it for reliable operation and reduced risk of fuel-related issues during winter months, which means you can depend on us to bring you the fuel you need to heat your home!
FSi Oil & Propane: A Full-Service HVAC Company that Cares about the Environment
The team at FSi Oil & Propane has worked hard to always keep the environment in mind, because we know that it’s just as important to us as it is to you. That’s why we offer so many eco-friendly home comfort solutions, including delivery of Bioheat® fuel and propane gas, high-efficiency heating system and air conditioning installations, and much more. To order your next fuel delivery, visit us online anytime, and keep an eye out for our trucks, now powered by renewable diesel!