Why Is the Heat Not Coming On?
Despite summer’s last hurrah, we all know that cool days and evenings are coming to Western Massachusetts, and with them will come an increasing reliance on your heating equipment to keep your family safe and warm.
But what happens if your furnace or boiler lets you down?
The most important thing if you get no response from your heating system is to remember is that FSi is here for your with expert heating service and heating repairs in Western MA. We will be there if you need us.
But before you contact us for service, it’s best to take some time troubleshoot your heating problem; you may find it’s something you can fix on your own without having to pay for a professional service call.
If you have no heat, try these five things before contacting us for service:
- Check the fuel level in your tank.
- Check all switches associated with the unit; make sure they are set for “on” or “start.”
- Check for tripped circuit breakers and blown fuses on the circuit that powers your heating system.
- Make sure your thermostat is set for five degrees warmer than the current room temperature, and that it is set to the “heat” or “warm” setting. Please note: if you have a forced air system (a heating systems with vents rather than baseboards and radiators) and the fan doesn’t go on, if could mean that your burner isn’t igniting – a problem that requires professional heating service.
- Press the reset button on the burner – but only do it once. Every time you hit the reset button and the burner doesn’t ignite, you are pumping oil into the combustion chamber of your furnace, which can be dangerous.
If your heating system still isn’t working after trying all of the above, please contact us for service right away – our expert technicians will get to the root of the problem quickly and get your heat going again as soon as possible.
For reliable, expert heating system service in Western MA, no one beats the pros at FSi. Contact us today to learn more, or to become an FSi customer.